Epitome, ancient Greek ἐπιτομή, the ultimate representative of its class
Three way, all passive, fully horn loaded loudspeaker.
EPITOME is a trickle down project of our flagship AVATON aiming to deliver a no compromise horn loudspeaker for mid to large listening rooms.
Used our virtual mouth technology on bass horn loading which delivers a flat response down to 35Hz. Bass driver is a super linear, massive 15”er.
Asymmetrical midbass horn mouth of 6.000cm2, triple layer build with damping materials between the layers. Throat of the horn are coated with epoxy/CNT compound for extra stiffness.
High horn, further development of the cast compound used in our ANIMA model with an upgraded driver.
1st order networks used in all ways. Crossovers are located outboard which also allows the crossover parts be well spaced to avoid any kind of interference. Additionally the network is distant from all driver’s magnetic fields. Components are hand selected and hard wired for best contact (no PCB).
All internal wiring are custom made of high purity OFC copper with waxed cotton insulation. Brass bracing parts with felt acoustic isolation are used to minimize energy transfer on contacts of the different horns.
User adjustable mid and hi frequencies level which allows to finetune EPITOME to the listening room. Beaming adjustment of the high frequencies horn is also available to match the listening position.
- System Sensitivity: 105db
- Impedance Nominal: 8ohms
- Crossover: @ 150HZ & 1500HZ
- Recommended Power: > 3watt
- Recommended Amplifiers: Low-mid powered tube SETs or solid state Class A amplifiers. Low or no feedback designs are recommended.
- Recommended Placement: Near wall or room corner placement is desirable.
- Preferred clearance between speakers: >2 m.
- Listening Distance: >3 m.
- Dimensions: H165cm, W55cm, D115cm
We offer customer selected finish of any color paint or natural wood veneer.